Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finishing Draft 1 and Learning to Crank

Before entering my summer break of two weeks, I was required to write up to my midpoint. I completed roughly 47 pages was hitting the plot points on time page-wise. My story has got character and situations and choices to make. The ingredients are there and It's up to me on how to cook them. In under two weeks I will be writing the last half of my story, another fifty or so pages. I'll have to crank them out and ensure the best quality I can manage within the frame of time.

Learning to crank out a lot of pages (while maintaining a dignified quality) will be a goal of sorts. I do not want to just go in and start typing away. It isn't that easy, but the time I take to think, and the time I take to process those thoughts into useful, applicable information will have to be quicker, and my focus will have to be stronger. I don't think I'll have the time to take three hours to write a few pages and take plenty of breaks. Those days are over (for awhile) and for now I must work.

Looking at my last post it would seem I was in a dark place. It's funny because I don't remember it being that bad. Just a lot of things to do all within a short frame of time. It's the busy life and I'm starting to feel used to it. I was still able to get plenty of sleep and am managing my time well. Who knows? Maybe I'll start to enjoy it and feel welcome to the challenge.

This term I'm locking a senior project script, finishing this feature length script, taking a commercial making class and I have three fun electives on the side. My time will definitely be one thing I need to stay on top of. If i let anything go, then I will have to pay for it later. I'll have to pay with my sleep.

So enough chatter, it's time for me to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment